Boater Safety Notice-King Harbor Dredging Project
BOATER SAFETY NOTICE:
Dredging operations will soon begin in King Harbor. This project is crucial for maintaining a safe and navigable waterway for all boaters. Boater cooperation is essential to ensure a secure and smooth process.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS, PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE: Maintain a safe distance from dredging equipment and associated vessels. Be aware of posted signage indicating restricted zones.
- FOLLOW MARKED CHANNELS: Stay within designated channels and avoid venturing into areas marked for dredging operations. These channels are specifically designated for safe passage.
- LISTEN TO MARINE BAND RADIO: Monitor VHF Channel 16 for updates and instructions from City Fire Patrol regarding dredging operations, navigational changes, or any emergencies.
- REDUCED SPEEDS: Operate your vessel at a reduced speed in the vicinity of dredging activities. Slow speeds minimize wake and enhance safety for both boaters and workers.
- COOPERATE WITH CREW INSTRUCTIONS: If directed by dredging crew or marina personnel, please follow their instructions promptly and respectfully.
- DAYTIME NAVIGATION PREFERRED: If possible, plan your boating activities during daylight hours. This enhances visibility for all boaters and ensures safer navigation.
Boater Safety Notice - King Harbor Dredging