Community Services Department
The Community Services Department provides a wide variety of programs and services.
- Recreational programs include classes and camps, adult sports leagues, after school and summer playground programs.
- Passport Services
- Cultural Arts administrates the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, the Historical Museum, and Public Art Program.
- Senior and Family Services provides information & referrals, programs & classes, resource guides, and special events to the community.
- The Housing Division administers federal and state grants that provide housing services and other community-based services these grants include the Housing Authority and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs.
- The Transit Division provides safe, effective and cost-effective transportation programs to Redondo Beach residents and visitors, and to promote environmentally friendly, congestion-mitigating transportation alternatives to enhance the quality of life in the region. In addition, the Transit Division plans, organizes and administers the City's Taxi Franchise, Beach Cities Transit and WAVE Dial A Ride services, Air Quality Management District improvement programs, Bus Pass Subsidy Programs and Employee Rideshare Program.
- In collaboration with the Public Works Department, the Community Services Department manages major parks including Aviation Park, Anderson Park, Perry Park, Dominguez Park, Veterans Park, Alta Vista Park, Seaside Lagoon, and Wilderness Park. Community facilities include the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, Aviation Gym & Field, Veterans Senior Center, Perry Senior Center, Anderson Senior Center, Perry Park Teen Center, Historical Museum, and Alta Vista Community Center including tennis facilities.
Cameron Harding, Community Services Director
Please contact Cameron Harding