Local Businesses Open
Redondo Beach Updates
Wash your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
- Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
Clean and disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Then, use a household disinfectant. Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work.
05.07.2020 - Update #9 - Redondo Beach Modifies COVID-19 Restrictions
04.23.2020 - Update #8 - Redondo Beach Closure Extensions
04.09.2020 - Update #7 - Redondo Beach Enacts Mask Requirements
03.27.2020 - LA County Dept of Public Health Safer at Home Addendum - Temporary Closures
03.26.2020 - Update #6 - Redondo Beach Enacts Additional Closures
03.22.2020 - Update #5 - Revised Countywide Safer At Home Order
03.20.2020 - Update #4 - Additional Redondo Beach Measures Related to Novel Coronavirus
03.19.2020 - LA County Dept of Public Health Safer at Home Order for Control of COVID-19
03.16.2020 - Update #3 - Additional Redondo Beach Measures Related to Novel Coronavirus
03.16.2020 - Update #2 - Additional Redondo Beach Measures Related to Novel Coronavirus
03.13.2020 - Update #1 - Additional Redondo Beach Measures Related to Novel Coronavirus
03.12.2020 - Redondo Beach Addresses Threat of Novel Coronavirus