Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Sunday, April 8th between 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM
Bring your household hazardous waste (HHW) to the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center Parking Lot located at 1935 Manhattan Beach Boulevard on Sunday, April 8, 2018 between 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Redondo Beach Residents and Businesses only — Proof of Residency REQUIRED. Business hazardous waste will not be accepted.
For more information, please refer to the flyer below, call (310) 318-0686 x4136, or visit the City's Household Hazardous Waste page.
HOW TO PREPARE HHW ITEMS FOR TRANSPORTATION:
- Bring the items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
- Do not mix the items together.
- There is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
- Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING (examples):
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is any product labeled: toxic, poison, corrosive, flammable, combustible or irritant, such as used motor oil and oil filters, brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, pesticides and car batteries.
- Universal Waste includes: household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, mercury thermostats, sharps (needle syringes) and expired medications.
WHAT YOU CANNOT BRING:
- Explosives, ammunition and radioactive materials.
- Household trash.
- Bulky items, such as refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, sofas, tables or other large-to-handle items.
Business hazardous waste will not be accepted. Small businesses can check out the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) Program (PDF) flyer or call the City of Los Angeles at (213) 485-2260 for more information on business hazardous waste.
( Household Hazardous Waste Flyer )