The WAVE - Dial-A-Ride
Operating since 1987, the WAVE is a Senior and Disabled curb-to-curb Dial-A-Ride service operating through a cooperative partnership between the City of Redondo Beach and the City of Hermosa Beach. The WAVE provides convenient, inexpensive shared-ride transportation to destinations within Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach and designated satellite facilities in adjacent communities of Manhattan Beach and Torrance. Call (310) 802-7684 for a free introductory trip.
Vehicles are powered by CNG (compressed natural gas) and equipped with wheelchair ramps.
Senior Citizens: age 62+
Disabled Riders: individuals of any age with impairment or disability. Show proof of disability, such as a Medicare Card, CA Department of Motor Vehicles Disabled ID card, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) disabled reduced fare card, or physician's letter verifying permanent or temporary disability.
Residents of Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach must complete an application to register for the WAVE service.
You can register using one of the following methods:
1. Click application to download for a Dial-A-Ride WAVE ID card application, or
2. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request for an application, or
3. Call (310) 937-6660, Transit Administrative office, to request for an application to be mailed to you.
Completed registration applications may be:
1. E-mailed to email@example.com, or
2. Mailed to City of Redondo Beach, c/o Transit Division, 415 Diamond Street, Door 2, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
The $1 application fee is suspended.
WAVE Fares One-Way Within Hermosa Beach or Redondo Beach
Senior (age 62+) and Disabled $1.00 each
Senior or Disabled Groups (3 or more passengers) $0.75 each
Fare collection resumed on October 1, 2022.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The WAVE service does not operate on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
To schedule a trip call the WAVE Dispatch
6:00am to 8:30pm, 7 days a week
Be Ready to Provide:
(1) Pick-up address
(2) Destination address
(3) Number of passengers traveling
(4) Any required assistance
Now call for a pick-up within 30 minutes, depending on demand
Same Day call for a pick-up within two hours, depending on demand
Reservation make a reservation 7 days in advance
Subscription schedule pick-up for same time daily or weekly
Group 3 or more passengers traveling from the same origin to the same destination pay a reduced fare.
Request group service for 5 or more at least 24 hours in advance.
Be curbside and ready to board when the vehicle arrives since it may only wait 3 minutes
Have exact fare
Tipping is prohibited
Plan for slightly longer travel times since rides are shared
Maximum 4 shopping bags per person allowed
Cancellations must be made no later than 2 hours prior to scheduled pick up times
Patrons who accumulate 3 no-shows within a 90-day period may be subject to suspension of service
To make a suggestion or file a complaint about a ride or dispatching the WAVE,
call (310) 802-7684
TDD (424) 212-4299
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org