Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Some statistics are…
· One woman out of four will experience domestic violence during her lifetime;
· Women ages 20-24 are at greatest risk of becoming victims of domestic violence;
· Without help, girls who witness domestic violence are more vulnerable to abuse as teens and adults;
· Without help, boys who witness domestic violence are far more likely to become abusers of their partners and/or children as adults, thus continuing the cycle of violence;
· There are 3,800 animal shelters in the U.S. and only 1,500 shelters for battered women and children.
See attached Press Release of this event and the Visionary Award that was presented to City Attorney Mike Webb for his continued support and vision in confronting the devastating problem of family violence, and his leadership in inspiring others to join the cause.
( View PDF )