Hopkins Wilderness Park
Hopkins Wilderness Park
Overnight camping reservations are now open. Come experience the magic of tent camping under the stars!
1102 Camino Real
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Reservations (310) 318-0670
Open 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (weather permitting)
Closed Wednesdays for maintenance and irrigation
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Overnight Camping (Friday and Saturday only per person/per night):
- 2022 Overnight Camping reservations are open as of 03/04/2022.
- Camping reservations shall be made not more than six months or less than two weeks in advance.
- Tent camping only. RV camping not permitted.
- Staffing Fee of $240 per overnight reservation applies. Total staffing fee of $240 is to be evenly divided per each campsite reserved. In addition to overnight staffing fee there is also a $5.00 per person fee.
- Camping hours
- Arrival 2:00 p.m.
- Departure Noon
Wilderness Park Rules and Camping Application
Reservations can be made at Alta Vista Racquet Center office, 715 Julia Ave between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. daily. Hopkins Wilderness Park was developed in 1977 as a center for camping, nature study and conservation. The 11-acre site includes; four ecological habitats: forest, meadows, streams, and a pond; amphitheater (150 capacity); three overnight campgrounds: Gumwood Camp, Pine Camp, and Sycamore Camp (40 person capacity each); Elm Camp picnic site (40 person capacity); and public restrooms and support facilities.
No entrance fee is required for individuals or families who wish to visit the park.
Rules and Regulations
- Please use park fish food only
- No collection, removal, destruction of any plant, animal, or other natural object
- No campfires, alcoholic beverages, smoking, fireworks, weapons, charcoal barbecues, open flame devices, pets, bicycles, vehicles, or skateboards
Day Camping - By Reservation Only
- Picnic sites with cooking center and picnic tables. Capacity: 40 people
- Two Sessions 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Individuals and organizations who wish to reserve the park must pay a fee: 21 or older to reserve; cash, check nor Credit Card payment with ID.
- $30.00 fee per session (Scouts and Schools)
- $60.00 fee per session - Private Parties
Amphitheater Use - By Reservation Only
An outdoor Amphitheater is available. Capacity: 150 person - Fee: $60.00 per three hours.
"Get Water Smart" Garden
The garden is comprised of drought-tolerant plants that are native to our region in order to educate the community about native plants and California-friendly demonstration gardens. Please download the Get Water Smart Garden brochure for more information.