Live Scan Services
Due to COVID-19, Live Scan services are not being offered to the public at this time.(Updated 12/2/2021) We apologize for the inconvenience. A list of private businesses that offer Live Scan fingerprinting can be found on the website of the California Office of the Attorney General.
What are Live Scan fingerprinting services?
- Live Scan fingerprinting is the electronic process to take fingerprints, usually for the purpose to determine potential criminal history in background checks for employment, state licensing, adoptions, foster care, teaching, and other reasons.
- The Redondo Beach Police Department provides Live Scan Fingerprinting services as a convenience to the public.
- Live Scan fingerprinting is available at numerous locations throughout the South Bay area.
How do I submit my fingerprints to Live Scan ?
- The agency/employer requesting that you be fingerprinted will provide you with the required Live Scan applications.
- Our staff will not know which forms you will require and will not be able to supply forms to you.
- Complete all application documents before you arrive at the police station.
- Bring your completed Live Scan application to the Records Unit lobby at 401 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
- Bring your government photo identification (passport, driver license, identification card).
- Expired identification will not be accepted.
What are the fees for Live Scan fingerprinting at Redondo Beach PD?
- The City of Redondo Beach charges $25.00 as a fee to roll and submit your fingerprints.
- You must pay all fees in cash or by check (payable to the City of Redondo Beach) if paid at the police station.
- You may pay by credit card at the Financial Services Department cashier at City Hall, 415 Diamond Street, Door 2, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 during City Hall business hours.
- Note: City Hall is closed on alternate Fridays
- You will have to pay additional fees if the agency or employer requires you to submit the fingerprints to either or both the:
- California Department of Justice
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The total amount of fees will be different depending on the type of application and criminal history inquiry.
What are the hours of Live Scan services offered at the Redondo Beach Police Department?
- The Live Scan location in the police station has dual usage and is occasionally unavailable. To avoid delays, please call immediately before your departure to the station to determine availability.
- Normal RBPD Live Scan hours as of June 28, 2011 are:
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
The police department provides the Live Scan services to the public on a first come, first served basis during these days and times.
What if my schedule does not allow me to do the Live Scan fingerprint process at the Redondo Beach Police Department?
- Live Scan services are available at numerous locations that may be found on the Attorney General's website at https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations
- Information from DOJ about Live Scan fingerprint processes may be retrieved from recorded messages at (916) 227-3822.