What are Livescan fingerprinting services?
- Livescan fingerprinting is the electronic process to take fingerprints, usually for the purpose to determine potential criminal history in background checks for employment, state licensing, adoptions, foster care, teaching, and other reasons.
- The Redondo Beach Police Department provides Livescan Fingerprinting services as a convenience to the public.
- Livescan fingerprinting is available at numerous locations throughout the South Bay area.
How do I submit my fingerprints to Livescan?
- The agency/employer requesting that you be fingerprinted will provide you with the required Livescan applications.
- Our staff will not know which forms you will require and will not be able to supply forms to you.
- Complete all application documents before you arrive at the police station.
- Bring your completed Livescan application to the Records Unit lobby at 401 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
- Bring your government photo identification (passport, driver license, identification card).
- Expired identification will not be accepted.
What are the fees for Livescan fingerprinting at Redondo Beach PD?
- The City of Redondo Beach charges $25.00 as a fee to roll and submit your fingerprints.
- You must pay all fees in cash or by check (payable to the City of Redondo Beach) if paid at the police station.
- You may pay by credit card at the Financial Services Department cashier at City Hall, 415 Diamond Street, Door E, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 during City Hall business hours.
- Note: City Hall is closed on alternate Fridays
- You will have to pay additional fees if the agency or employer requires you to submit the fingerprints to either or both the:
- California Department of Justice
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The total amount of fees will be different depending on the type of application and criminal history inquiry.
What are the hours of Livescan services offered at the Redondo Beach Police Department?
- The Livescan location in the police station has dual usage and is occasionally unavailable. To avoid delays, please call immediately before your departure to the station to determine availability.
- Normal RBPD Livescan hours as of June 28, 2011 are:
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
The police department provides the Livescan services to the public on a first come, first served basis during these days and times.
What if my schedule does not allow me to do the Livescan fingerprint process at the Redondo Beach Police Department?
- Livescan services are available at numerous locations that may be found on the Attorney General's website at http://ag.ca.gov/
- Information from DOJ about Livescan fingerprint processes may be retrieved from recorded messages at (916) 227-3822.