The Animal Services
Unit office is located at:
Redondo Beach City Hall
415 Diamond Street, Door 2
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Personnel and Contact Information
Animal Services Supervisor: Lieutenant Fabian Saucedo
Animal Services Telephone Numbers
Animal Services Office Telephone Number weekday business hours: (310) 318-0611
For Animal Services after business hours call the Police Communications Unit: (310) 379-5411
Animal Services office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for your convenience. Counter is closed 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM.
City Hall and the Animal Services office are closed on alternate Fridays.
Please jump to http://www.redondo.org/cals/default.asp for a calendar with City Hall closure dates.
Animal Services officers perform the following services:
- Identify and reunite stray animals with their owners when possible (report missing/lost pet)
- Enforce barking dog and animal noise complaints
- Patrol the City to deliver enforcement and care services
- Respond to citizen complaints about animal issues
- Pick up deceased pets
- Enforce pet license and permit laws
Barking Dog Complaints
Municipal Code 4-24.502 prohibits excessive barking.
Your neighbor’s barking dog constitutes a violation of the law when:
- The dog barks more than five minutes in any hour.
- The dog’s barking is audible at the complainant’s property line.
No person shall keep or maintain, or permit the keeping of, upon any premises owned, occupied, or controlled by such person, any animal or fowl otherwise permitted to be kept which, by any sound or outcry, shall result in noise levels at the complainants property line which are audible for more than five (5) minutes in any hour.
The laws for dog licensing are defined by the Redondo Beach Municipal Code. See sections 5-1.105, 5-1.107, and 5-1.109.
Dogs over the age of four months:
Must be licensed within 30 days of taking residence in the City or becoming the owner or custodian of the dog
- Must be licensed annually
- Must wear the metal license tags on the caller to be readily visible
- Must have a current rabies vaccine
Visit the Financial Services Department pet licensing page for the current license fees.
No license required for a CAT
Leash Laws for Redondo Beach
- Your dog must be attached to a leash if:
- You are in a public place
- You are on private property that does not confine the dog in an enclosed area
- The leash shall not be longer than six (6) feet
Animals in Parks
Redondo Beach municipal code 4-35.08 prohibits animals within City parks except for identified walking paths, the City’s dog official dog park area or City approved special events. Visit the RB Dog park website for more information.
- Certain nondomestic animals must be permitted by the City of Redondo Beach.
- You must have a separate permit for each nondomestic animal maintained in the City.
- Redondo Beach Municipal Code 5-1.401 defines exotic nondomestic animals.
- Nondomestic animals include any animal which is customarily kept for agricultural purposes including but not limited to chickens (including birds bred for fighting or other sort), ducks, pigs (including Vietnamese Pot Bellied pigs), goats, horses, cows, minks and ermines or other animals bred for fur, sheep, turkeys, geese.
How do I obtain a permit for my exotic or nondomestic animal?
- Request a permit application from the Animal Services Unit
- By mail
- By obtaining an application at the Animal Services office at the Redondo Beach City Hall, 415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 Door 2, or download the online permit application.
- Complete the application and return it to the Animal Services to arrange property check.
- It is a misdemeanor violation to maintain a nondomestic animal within the City of Redondo Beach without a permit.
What should I do if I see a whale or dolphin on the beach?
Contact Marine Animal Rescue immediately at 1-800-399-4253.