Every monitored or audible alarm system installed within the boundaries of the City of Redondo Beach must have a current alarm permit issued by the Redondo Beach Police Department.
All alarms and alarm permits located in the City of Redondo Beach are governed by the Redondo Beach Municipal Code (RBMC) in Title 3 Chapter 11. The regulations were enacted to insure a form of order to protect the public health, safety, and welfare.
- Alarm permit applications are not available on-line. Applications may be obtained by:
- E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail, provide your mailing address so the application can be mailed to you. The application cannot be e-mailed.
- Pick up the application in-person at the Police Department, Records Unit, 401 Diamond Street.
- Options for submission and payment of alarm permit applications:
Submit via US Mail: Return the application in the envelope provided with the $33 fee. (Check only)
Submit In-Person: City Hall, 415 Diamond St, Door #2. (Cash, Check or Credit Card)
Note: If you pick up an alarm permit application in-person at the police department and wish to submit payment at the same time, only Checks will be accepted.
- Each premises and/or address with an alarm system within the City must have an alarm permit.
- Alarm permits are valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of issue.
- The fee for each alarm permit is $33. Checks are payable to: City of Redondo Beach.
Note: Payments are not accepted without a completed alarm permit application.
- Responsible parties (owners/tenants) and/or emergency contact information on an alarm permit application is extremely important and should be kept current at all times. Please provide any changes within five (5) days via e-mail, (see below).
- If you no longer have an alarm, please e-mail (see below) to update city records.
To request an alarm permit application, obtain assistance with an existing alarm permit, or have other alarm related questions, you may contact us via one of the following methods:
- E-mail the Communications Unit (Alarm Processing) at email@example.com
Please include the mailing/billing address (and/or) alarm permit number.
- If e-mail is not possible or for urgent matters, call 310-379-2477 ext. 2374
- Or, visit the Redondo Beach Police Department at 401 Diamond St.