Career and Employment Resources
The Career and Employment Reference Collection
at the Main Library includes current editions of the Directory of Executive Recruiters, Occupational Outlook Handbook, American Salaries and Wages Survey, and other popular career advancement publications.
Method Test Prep Prepare for the SAT/ACT. Practice tests check out for 7 days, and can be checked out again. From RBdigital.
Get the basics you need to be a success in any career: accounting, computer skills, technical writing, property management, interpersonal communication and many more. You can start right away; there is no need to wait for these continuing classes to begin.
- Free tutoring for the ASVAB, POSS, MASS, SASS, SO/PD, CAST, and TECH
- Live, on-demand job search assistance: finding opportunities; filling out online applications; writing cover letters, resumes, and thank you notes
- 24/7 drop-off review of job search documents
- Free tutoring for MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Other Career Tools
- Brainfuse Job Now/ Vet Now Job seekers and veterans. Offers live job coaching and resume assistance, job listings, test prep, and assistance with VA benefits.
- CNA Plus Every "Certified Nursing Assistant" practice test on this Website is free, no registration is required, and you can study at your own pace.
- BarPrepHero.com Offers multi-state bar exams.
- Los Angeles Public Library's Job Hunting and Financial Resources Guides
- The Wall Street Journal How To Guide