Seaside Lagoon and Other Recreational Opportunities
The Harbor and Pier area is home to several large, beautiful parks. Whether you're looking for a tree-lined, grassy park, or a sandy beach with a pool, you'll find it in the City's Harbor area. The following is a list of parks and recreational opportunities throughout the Harbor and Pier area. To better locate a park or recreational activity, view a map of the Harbor Enterprise.
Seaside Lagoon is a saltwater, sand-bottom pool located on Portofino Way just west of Harbor Drive. For more information and to view some pictures, click here.
Czuleger Park (also known as Plaza Park) is a large grass and tree park at Catalina Avenue and Diamond Street (pictured at right). The park begins along Catalina Avenue on the east and slopes down toward the harbor on the west, giving every visitor a view of the ocean. This park offers a great opportunity for picnicking and relaxation, with special views of the fabulous Redondo Beach Pier, and all boats leaving from and arriving into King Harbor.
Veterans Park is a large grass and tree park located at Catalina Avenue and Torrance Boulevard. Formerly the site of the grand Hotel Redondo, its location just south of the Redondo Beach Pier and just off the beach offers all park visitors a magnificent view of the ocean and Pier. This park is well-known for its picnicking and relaxation opportunities. Also in the park is the Veterans Park Community Center, available for weddings, parties and banquets. This building housed the City's Library for many years before being damaged by an earthquake. The building was recently renovated and serves as a gathering site with breathtaking ocean views. For more information about Veterans Park, call the Recreation Division at (310) 318-0610. To book an event at the Veterans Park Community Center, contact Spectrum Catering at (310) 937-6844.
In addition to parkland, the Harbor Enterprise includes a family amusement arcade. Located at 123 S. International Boardwalk (adjacent to the north end of the Redondo Beach Pier), the Fun Factory offers over 20,000 square feet of amusement and arcade action. For more information call the Fun Factory at (310) 379-8510.
Additional recreational activities are available throughout the waterfront, such as:
- Fishing from the Pier in designated areas
- Sportfishing Boat Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Whale Watching Boat Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Marina Boat Rides Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Charters Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Sailing Instruction Marina Sailing (310) 318-2772
- Bicycling Marina Bike Rentals (310) 318-2453
- Bike Riding along the L.A. County Bike Path
- Roller Skating/Rollerblading along North Harbor Drive
- The Bay Club located at 819 N. Harbor Drive (310) 376-9443
- Redondo Beach 2 miles of clean, sandy beach for sunbathing, swimming, or surfing
- Whaling Wall travel on North Harbor Drive and you can't miss the the mural painted by world famous artist Wyland
For additional recreation activities click here: www.visitkingharbor.com
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF HAND LAUNCH: The hand launch located behind Seaside Lagoon will be closed for winter repairs from November 16, 2020 to March 31, 2021. During this period, visitors can launch hand carried personal watercraft from the Redondo Beach Marina. The ramp is located south of the boat hoist crane structure.