Welcome to the Harbor Division
Welcome to the City of Redondo Beach and the web site for the Harbor Division.
The Waterfront is primed for a once-in-a-generation revitalization opportunity with new public and private investment. Many Waterfront business owners have committed to significant renovations and the City has also invested in public facilities in the area, including:
- A Joint Harbor Patrol and County Lifeguard Facility
- Renovation of the Seaside Lagoon Building
- Pier Streetscape Improvements
- Pier Parking System Upgrades
- Harbor Drive Streetscape Improvements
Some of the area's most prominent improvements are attributed to partnerships with private investors and developers including the architectural renovation of RDR Properties' Redondo Landing on the Pier and Zislis Group's Shade Hotel on Harbor Drive, which opened in October 2016.
The most significant component of the revitalization effort is the proposed redevelopment of over 30 acres of the Waterfront which is being stewarded by CenterCal Properties. The development concept proposed CenterCal, an El Segundo-based developer, was approved by the Harbor Commission and the City Council and is currently awaiting consideration by the California Coastal Commission.
Sportsfishing Pier Rebuild WorkshopMay 30, 2018
Revitalize a core landmark in a vibrant seaside community with a rich maritime tradition through providing new opportunities for recreation, local businesses, and public spaces thoughtfully designed to enhance the collective experience while preserving natural resources.
King Harbor Boat Launch Facility
Public Workshops Scheduled
Public Workshops: The City of Redondo Beach Waterfront & Economic Development Department is hosting two public workshops to discuss potential locations for a public boat launch facility within King Harbor.
When and Where: The public meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm at the City’s Main Library, 303 N. Pacific Coast Highway, 2nd Floor, Redondo Beach; and
- Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 9:30am-12:00N at the King Harbor Yacht Club, 280 Yacht Club Way, Redondo Beach.