Strategic Plan for 2016 - 2019
The Council’s Strategic Plan establishes the major goals and objectives for the City. It provides the principal guidance for the preparation of the City budget, program objectives and performance measures. The goals provide the basis for improving services and preserving a high quality of life in the City.
On a regular basis, the Council reviews and revises the plan. After considering the City’s Mission, the current challenges facing the City, and identifying external factors and trends that might impact the future, the Mayor, Council and management staff from all departments develop three-year goals and six-month objectives.
The three-year goals (not in priority order) for 2016-2019 are:
- Modernize City communication systems
- Vitalize the Waterfront, Riviera Village, Artesia Corridor, and South Bay Galleria
- Ensure Sustainability, Livability, and Health by completing the General Plan update and by implementing environmentally responsible programs
- Assess, prioritize, and plan for park/open space acquisition and for reconstruction of major City facilities and infrastructure
- Maintain a high level of public safety with public engagement