Free Rain Barrel
West Basin's Distribution Event
Collecting and reusing rainwater reduces the amount of water flowing into storm drains, local waterways, and ensures that every drop of water is being used efficiently. Distribution is on a first come, first served, while supplies last basis. Be sure to register/reserve to get your free rain barrel on the South Bay Environmental Services Center website. You can also be placed on a notification list through the same website or call South Bay Environmental Services Center at (310) 371-4699 to ask about the rain barrel program.
- Must be a resident in West Basin's service area (visit the West Basin Map to view service area).
- While supplies last, first-come, first-served.
- The rain barrel must be mounted in a way that allows the barrel to receive water unimpeded from a rain gutter.
- Should not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways.
- Should be elevated 6 inches off the ground on a solid foundation.
- Should be strapped to your home for safety if the height of the barrel is two times greater than the width.
- Home must have rain gutters and downspouts.
( Rain Barrel Flyer )