Community Services Department Brochure
The Community Services Department provides a wide variety of programs and services to Redondo Beach residents.
- Recreational programs include classes and camps, adult sports leagues, after school and summer playgrounds programs.
- Cultural Arts administrates the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, the Historical Museum, Public Art Program, Farmers Market and Street Banners.
- Senior and Family Services provides Information & Referrals, Nutrition Programs, Programs & Classes, Resource Guides. Anderson Park, Perry Park and Veterans Park Senior Centers.
- The Department manages major parks including Aviation Park, Anderson Park, Perry Park, Dominguez Park, Veterans Park, Alta Vista Park, Seaside Lagoon and Wilderness Park. Community facilities include the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, Senior Citizen Centers, the Perry Park Teen Center, Historical Museum, Alta Vista Community Center including tennis facilities and the Veterans Park Community Center.
- The Housing Division administers federal and state grants that provide housing services and other community based services these grants include the Housing Authority and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs.
- The Transit Division provides safe, effective and cost effective transportation programs to Redondo Beach residents and visitors, and to promote environmentally-friendly, congestion-mitigating transportation alternatives to enhance the quality of life in the region. In addition the Transit Division plans, organizes and administers the City's Taxi Franchise, Beach Cities Transit and WAVE Dial A Ride services, Air Quality Management District improvement programs, Bus Pass Subsidy Programs and Employee Rideshare Program.
Mission Statement: To enrich and improve the quality of life in Redondo Beach by providing excellent programs, opportunities, services and facilities that meet the needs of the community.
Community Services Department
1922 Artesia Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
FAX: (310) 798-8273
John La Rock Community Services Director
Please contact John LaRock