Oversized Vehicle Definition
- An oversized vehicle is any motorized vehicle or combination of motorized vehicles and non-motorized vehicles or trailers that:
- Meets or exceeds twenty-two (22) feet in length at any time
- Meets or exceeds the combination of both more than eight (8) feet in height and is also meets or exceeds seven (7) feet in width.
Oversized Vehicle Registration
- You must complete an Oversized Vehicle Parking Application and register your vehicle with a one-time fee with the Redondo Beach Parking Enforcement Unit.
- You may submit an Oversized Vehicle Registration Application to register your vehicle effective June 1, 2011.
- Currently, you must submit your application and supporting documentation (if needed) as follows:
- In-person at 415 Diamond Street, Door E
- By FAX at (310) 372-8021
- By email to: OversizedVehicles@redondo.org
- By mail to:
City of Redondo Beach
Oversized Vehicle Registration
C/O Parking Enforcement Unit
415 Diamond Street
P.O. Box 270
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
- If your vehicle is registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to your Redondo Beach residence address, the cost to register your oversized vehicle is $20.00.
- If your vehicle is registered with the California Department Motor of Vehicles to an address outside the City of Redondo Beach, and you are a Redondo Beach resident or land owner, the cost to register your vehicle is $30.00.
- Currently, payments for registration should be paid in person at City Hall Door E or sent by mail to Oversized Vehicle Registration, C/O Parking Enforcement Unit, 415 Diamond Street, P.O. Box 270, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
- The Parking Enforcement Unit is in the process of establishing an online service to allow you to register, pay and obtain permits online. The website will provide instructions when this system is operative.
Oversized Vehicle Restricted Hours
- Oversized vehicles may not stop, stand, park or be left standing on Redondo Beach City streets and City parking lots between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless otherwise authorized by the Municipal Code.
- Residents are allowed to park between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- With up to six permits per month and
- Sixty permits per year on Tuesdays through Fridays.
|RESIDENT-REGISTERED (CITY ISSUED RED AND WHITE "OVERSIZED VEHICLE" BUMPER STICKER)
| 0200 HOURS TO 0600 HOURS-PARKED IN FRONT OF HOME OR WITHIN 400 FT OF RESIDENCE
| EXEMPT-OK TO PARK
|0200 HOURS to 0600 HOURS-PARKED IN FRONT OF HOME OF RESIDENT "HOST" OR WITHIN 400 FT OF RESIDENCE
- As a resident you are entitled to receive three seven-day out of town visitor permits each year.
- The oversized vehicle may not be used for camping, lodging, residing or accommodation purposes during their stay.
- Camping and sleeping in vehicles in public places is not allowed in Redondo Beach.
- Note that your out of town visitor must park adjacent to your residence or within 400 feet of your residence if parking is not available due to curb configuration or codified parking restrictions.
- Click here to obtain oversized vehicle permit. http://www.citationprocessingcenter.com/rbpermits/index.aspx