The Career and Employment Reference Collection
at the Main Library includes current editions of the Directory of Executive Recruiters, Occupational Outlook Handbook, American Salaries and Wages Survey, and other popular career advancement publications.
The Testing and Education Reference Center features a career module including:
- Virtual career library
- Online resume builder
- Basic computer skills
- Research careers
- Career colleges search
- Professional development programs search
- Grad School Practice Tests: GRE, LSAT, and GMAT
- Military Practice Test : ASVAB
- Career Practice Tests: Law nforcement, Firefighter, Real Estate, Praxis, Medical/Nursing, Postal, Cosmetology, Social Work + many more
- Free tutoring for the ASVAB, POSS, MASS, SASS, SO/PD, CAST, and TECH
- Live, on-demand job search assistance: finding opportunities; filling out online applications; writing cover letters, resumes, and thank you notes
- 24/7 drop-off review of job search documents
- Free tutoring for MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
In addition to offering six week, instructor-led classes on a variety of career-related topics, the Gale Courses also have classes on taking the GRE, LSAT, and GMAT
Other Career Tools
- CNA Plus Every "Certified Nursing Assistant" practice test on this Website is free, no registration is required, and you can study at your own pace.
- BarPrepHero.com Offers multi-state bar exams.
- Los Angeles Public Library's Job Hunting and Financial Resources Guides
- The Wall Street Journal How To Guide